Room Attendant job description is a document that explains the duties that a room attendant must perform when taking on this position.
Maybe you are interested?
- Housekeeping Supervisor job description
- Head Housekeeper job description
- Executive Housekeeper job description
What’s the Room Attendant job?
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in – or get a bit of last minute work done.
Room Attendant job description
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best – we have standards – but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Help guests – you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times – and wear protective equipment when needed
- Be organised – keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimise waste
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May have turndown duties
- May assist with other duties as assigned
Room Attendant Requirements
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities
- Literacy skills – reading, writing and basic maths skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
Room Attendant job description download
Download “Room Attendant job description”Room-Attendant-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 2322 times – 31.42 KB