Housekeeping Supervisor job description is a document explaining the work a supervisor must perform when applying for the position. Houkeeping Supervisor takes the role of supervising the work of room staff, monitoring room quality, monitoring room status, training staff.
What is housekeeping supervisor?
A housekeeping supervisor is a professional responsible for overseeing and managing the housekeeping staff and operations within a hospitality establishment, such as hotels, resorts, cruise ships, or even in large households. Their primary role is to ensure that the property’s cleanliness and hygiene standards are maintained to meet or exceed the expectations of guests or residents.
Key responsibilities of a housekeeping supervisor typically include:
- Staff Management: Supervisors are responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating housekeeping staff. They may also assign tasks and responsibilities to team members.
- Cleaning Standards: Ensuring that all rooms, public areas, and facilities are cleaned and maintained according to the established standards and guidelines.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring and ordering cleaning supplies, linens, and other necessary items to maintain smooth operations.
- Quality Control: Inspecting rooms and common areas to ensure they meet cleanliness and presentation standards, and addressing any issues promptly.
- Guest Satisfaction: Addressing guest complaints or requests related to housekeeping services and taking necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Safety: Ensuring that housekeeping staff follow safety protocols and use appropriate cleaning materials and equipment.
- Budget Management: Managing the housekeeping department’s budget, including labor costs, supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Reporting: Preparing reports on department performance, including occupancy rates, staff productivity, and expenses.
- Training and Development: Providing ongoing training and development opportunities to improve the skills and efficiency of the housekeeping team.
- Coordination: Collaborating with other departments, such as front office and maintenance, to ensure smooth communication and coordination of tasks.
Housekeeping supervisors play a crucial role in maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of a property, which is essential for guest satisfaction and the reputation of the establishment. They must be detail-oriented, organized, and capable of leading a team to deliver high-quality housekeeping services.
- Reports for work on time wearing a clean and tidy uniform and neatly groomed per standards
- To participate in the daily briefing with the Executive Housekeeper
- To understand and strictly adhere to the rules and regulations established in the Employees Handbook.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, Health and safety and to handle all equipment, utensils and uniforms with care
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff of all other departments.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Allocate daily rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Ensure all guest rooms are ready and clean for each guest checking in
- Ensure all amenities are set up in all rooms
- Check room occupancies and provide special attention to guest needs, make sure all equipment and electric device in guest room working well
- Manage guest’s requirements including providing VIP amenities and co-ordinating to relevant team members.
- Operate lost and found procedures.
- Ensure all pantry/store are locked, guest floor corridor is well cleaned
- Assist with the monthly inventory of housekeeping products and equipment
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings and other related activities.
- Supervise room attendants, public attendants and uniform attendants
- Perform routine inspections of all public areas, service areas, and storerooms.
- Schedule and supervise deep cleaning floor, glass surface and any other projects.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment/machines
- Efficiently manage stock control and the maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform routine inspections of operations of the Linen/Uniform Room.
- Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processes, rejecting any exceptions.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper with training requirements.
- Assist other departments when necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks and secondary duties as set by Management
- Minimum of 02-year experiences in a similar role with preferable previous experiences in a four and five-star hotel
- Good command of English communication
- Great personality and positive attitude
- Good time management skills
- Computer literate
- Good communication and training skills
- Energetic, friendly, flexible, motivated and able to work independently
Housekeeping Supervisor job description download
Download “Housekeeping Supervisor job description”Housekeeping-Supervisor-JD.docx – Downloaded 3349 times – 40.82 KB
Our Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/hotelcareers.vn
Tags: housekeeping supervisor job description, housekeeping supervisor job responsibilities, hotel housekeeping supervisor job description, housekeeping supervisor responsibilities, housekeeping supervisor jobs description, housekeeping supervisor, duties and responsibilities of housekeeping supervisor, job description of housekeeping supervisor, supervisor housekeeping job description, responsibilities of housekeeping supervisor, housekeeping supervisor description, housekeeping supervisor duties and responsibilities