Assistant Executive Housekeeper job description is the document explaining the assistant’s job to do when applying for this position. Houkeeping Supervisor assumes the role of supporting Houkeeping Executive, supervising the work of room staff, monitoring room quality, monitoring room status, training staff.
- Ensures that all Housekeeping staff perform duties in accordance with hotel policy
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in formulating and establishing plans for all aspects of Housekeeping management and operation.
- Represents the Housekeeping Department when Executive Housekeeper is not available.
- Assists the supervision of Housekeeping staff to ensure that all daily activities meet compliance with housekeeping procedures and service standards.
- Plans and coordinates an action plan for daily work schedules including special activities and reports depending on occupancy.
- Distributes and supervises the daily work schedules, reports, and assignments to Housekeeping staff.
- Ensures all occupied rooms are cleaned and prepared for guests on a daily basis.
- Ensures key control procedures are followed and ensures that all keys are returned at the end of each shift.
- Supervises a daily inspection program to ensure guest rooms, back of the house and public areas are clean and supplied with necessary items and services.
- Liaises with Floor Supervisor, Public Area Supervisor, Linen Supervisor and Laundry Supervisor to coordinate planning and scheduling for regular activities.
- Conducts regular inventories of linen, supplies and uniforms ensuring required stocks are maintained.
- Stores safely and maintains all equipment, supplies and chemicals as required.
- Recommends to the Executive Housekeeping renovation and repair needs for rooms and public areas.
- Reports problems with materials and equipment to Executive Housekeeper.
- Responds to guest requests and immediately handles problems and complaints about housekeeping functions to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Administers staff rosters and schedules to ensure all Housekeeping functions are maintained and to minimize overtime payment.
- Assists the Department of Human Resources with the recruitment of all Housekeeping staff setting both tasks and qualifications.
- Recommends promotions, transfers and dismissal of all Housekeeping staff to Executive Housekeeper.
- Conducts regular meetings with Housekeeping staff to assist in the efficient and smooth operation of the department.
- Assists with performance appraisals of all Housekeeping staff and prepares guidelines and time frames for improvement.
- Participates in all staff and training meetings as required.
- Assists with the training of staff in coordination with the Training Department to achieve the highest standard of service and guest satisfaction.
- Instructs Housekeeping staff on emergency procedures relating to fire, theft, accident, medical emergency and other threats to hotel and guest security
- Ensures high standards of personal appearance and hygiene, clean and pressed uniforms and name badge as described in staff handbook for all Housekeeping staff.
- Maintains a high standard of hygiene and sanitation throughout all service areas.
- Reports any health or safety hazards to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Bachelor’s degree/certificate in a related major and 3 – 5 working experience, especially in hospitality
- Good command of English communication
- Great personality and positive attitude
- The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Good time management skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of PMS
- Good communication and training skills
- Energetic, friendly, flexible, motivated and able to work independently