The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Head Housekeeper you’ll help the Operations Manager in supervising all aspects of housekeeping and laundry – and ensure high standards and maintained.
Head Housekeeper job description
- Check public areas, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens are clean and in good repair advise team members of areas of improvements
- Perform housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds as well as vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction
- Handle complaints and special requests to achieve complete guest satisfaction
- Comply with special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies and labor (example: bed & bath linen reuse and laundry operation).
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents)
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This is the top supervisory job in the Housekeeping Department. Typically supervises a small number of housekeeping and laundry employees.
Head Housekeeper Requirements
- High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent plus one year of housekeeping experience, including some supervisory training/experience.
- Must be able to speak local language(s).
Head Housekeeper job description download
Download “Head Housekeeper job description”Head-Housekeeper-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 1153 times – 39.13 KB