Maintenance Head job description is a document describing the duties and responsibilities a Maintenance Head must perform when applying for this position.
What’s the Maintenance Head job?
As Maintenance Head, you’ll ensure all aspects of hotel maintenance and management are kept to the very best standards and in line with all relevant health and safety legislature and procedures. You’ll also keep an organised and secure maintenance shop.
- Hotel Director of Engineering job description
- Hotel Chief Engineer job description
- Housekeeping Supervisor job description
Maintenance Head job description in hotel
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognise good performance
- Train your team to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans financial and operational plans for the hotel
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, and capital planning
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts, and ensure timely completion of projects within budget
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction
- Carry out a preventive maintenance programme to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, and pools)
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain god working relations with outside contacts
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and alcohol services
- Maintain a focus and commitment to operating a “green” hotel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This is the lead maintenance job in a small or extended stay single site hotel with a limited range of facilities. May supervise a small maintenance staff.
Maintenance Head Requirements
- Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional certification and licence if required by law
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak local language(s)
Maintenance Head job description download
Download “Maintenance Head job description”Maintenance-Head-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 1610 times – 39.96 KB