Hotel Director of engineering run all of the engineering activities a hotel and make sure these are aligned with the established policies and objectives of the hotel.
Maybe you are interested?
- Hotel Chief Engineer job description
- Hotel IT Director job description
- Executive Housekeeper job description
What is the Hotel Director of engineering job?
As Engineering Director you’ll direct the engineering/maintenance of your hotel and ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members – making sure all activities are delivered safely and with compliance. Motivating and training your team with the skills to keep hotels always looking their best.
Hotel Director of Engineering Job Description Template
- Direct daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognise good performance
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction
- Use a maintenance programme to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests
- Oversee the physical operations of the hotel, including maintenance and repair and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with multiple sites and facilities, a number of major outlets, high-volume catering and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests. Supervises a staff of maintenance/engineering tradespersons and contractors. May oversee subordinate managers and supervisors.
Hotel Director of Engineering Requirements
- Some college or advanced vocational training
- Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialised expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required
- Hotel experience preferred
- Professional certification and licence if required by law