Hotel Chief Engineer job description is the document describing the job that a chief engineer must complete when applying for the position.
What is a Chief Engineer?
Chief engineer is a job title that has a range of meanings across different industries. A chief engineer is the head of the engineering department in an organization. The duties and responsibilities of this role vary in different industries. In general, a chief engineer must have engineering experience in the industry, strong leadership qualities and problem-solving skills. Depending on the industry, the education requirements for a chief engineer job range from an associate degree to advanced degrees in engineering.
What is the Hotel Chief Engineer?
Hotel Chief Engineer is the hotel technical and hotel maintenance manager, ensure the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. Hotel Chief Engineer is a fluent and comfortable multitasker with all repair needs. Motivate and train your team of skills to keep your hotel in top shape.
Hotel Chief Engineer job description
- Direct daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognise good performance
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures
- Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed
- Follow-up outstanding points from the latest IT audit of his/her hotel under the supervision of IT Manager/Leader
- Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction
- Use a maintenance programme to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests
- Maintain and order parts and supplies whilst minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top Maintenance/Engineering job which may include one or more food or beverage outlets, and/or meeting space or catering/convention facilities. May supervise a small maintenance staff.
- Some college or advanced vocational training
- Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialised expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required
- Hotel experience preferred
- Professional certification and licence if required by law
Hotel Chief Engineer job description download
Download “Hotel Chief Engineer job description”Chief-Engineer-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 1578 times – 41.23 KB