Executive Chef job description is a document explaining the job responsibilities a chef must perform in taking up the position.
Maybe you are interested?
What is the Executive Chef job?
As Executive Chef you’ll direct all kitchen activities and prepare our delicious food – helping create memorable experiences for guests – whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, and inventory functions kept to our high standards – to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly.
Executive Chef job description
- Direct daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues – recognise good performance
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of kitchen needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- You’ll make sure our dishes are always at their best – we have standards – but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation to develop your own ideas in the kitchen
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly
- Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Encourage guest feedback to improve guest satisfaction
- Answer guest questions about dishes and kitchen services
- Help the Food and Beverage Director with event planning
- Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
Supervise kitchen team in a large, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with capacity to cater to more than 500 people. May oversee managers and/or supervisors and professional culinary staff
Requirements for Executive Chef
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts
- 5 years’ experience as a chef
- Must speak local language(s)
- At least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
Executive Chef job description download
Download “Executive Chef job description”Executive-Chef-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 1107 times – 38 KB