Director of Food and Beverage job description is the document explaining the work that Director of Food and Beverage must perform when applying for this position.
Maybe you are interested?
What’s the Director of Food and Beverage job?
As Director of Food and Beverage you’ll lead and direct food and beverage operations, ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
Director of Food and Beverage job description
- Direct everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – linking up departments to create sense of one team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints – making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty
- Regularly communicate with guests to ensure expectations are met
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled securely
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programmes and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with the Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- May also serve as manager on duty
This is the top food and beverage job in a large, luxury or resort hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and banquet and convention facilities. Oversees multiple managers and supervisors.
Requirements for Director of Food and Beverage
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field
- 4+ years’ related experience, including management experience
- Must speak local language
- Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies.
Director of Food and Beverage job description download
Download “Director of Food and Beverage job description”Director-of-Food-and-Beverage-Job-Description.docx – Downloaded 2046 times – 42.10 KB